2020 TOYOTA YARIS GR (CIRCUIT PACK) - Scarlet Flare (Red) with 29 miles

Swoody

Jun 15, 2021
May be worse than just interest being earned!!

Deposits are usually "non refundable" so christ knows what the arrangement is if they take a deposit for something that may never appear?

View attachment 19799
They are refundable I had 3 on order at one point now just the one I found last week which is being delivered this week, the first one has been refunded and the second who was the one that told me it was illegal for dealers to not refund them I am still waiting for.

Last edited:
Reactions: GRY_CAA

(Ex) Black_GR

Dec 27, 2020
Deposits are refundable if you change your mind or if the dealer cannot supply the car.

No dealer should be taking orders for a new GR - they are not available, full stop.

A "used one" could be purchased by a low rate 25k bank loan, plus a deposit of 10k. You can also get PCP finance via third party suppliers which could be worth exploring, although obviously at 0%.

Talking of rates - even if anymore GR's appear, which is very unlikely, the deals available today will not be around in 2023. To me, waiting 2 years only to find out my "fake" order has been cancelled is crazy.

Bvmbl3

Aug 8, 2021
Northampton
Not denying the legality of deposits being returned, but that is from my own new vehicle order form from Steven Eagell, Northampton signed in April of this year.

Perhaps they need to seek legal advice on their official documentation

speed_cad

Aug 12, 2021
Interesting... I placed an order for a CP GRY last Friday and got a pretty legit looking order form? (blanked out some details just in case)

View attachment 19749
I have a legit order form for my Jan 23 delivery car, which I ordered first…. I do suspect however this is the dealer taking deposits on the hope that they can convert these to actual orders on the factory when build slots are released beyond Dec 22…. I have concluded this as I also had the opportunity to grab a cancelled order on another CP car from a local dealer for May next year…. This cancelled order car is on the My T application and showing ‘Processing Order’, the Jan 23 car still isn’t.

I’ve kept the other order open at the moment as it is refundable, and to also keep my options open with that car.

GRY_CAA

Aug 26, 2021
Deposits are refundable if you change your mind or if the dealer cannot supply the car.

No dealer should be taking orders for a new GR - they are not available, full stop.

A "used one" could be purchased by a low rate 25k bank loan, plus a deposit of 10k. You can also get PCP finance via third party suppliers which could be worth exploring, although obviously at 0%.

Talking of rates - even if anymore GR's appear, which is very unlikely, the deals available today will not be around in 2023. To me, waiting 2 years only to find out my "fake" order has been cancelled is crazy.
This is something I've looked at and will be looking at again as I'm sure more and more will be popping up for sale second hand.

(Ex) Black_GR

Dec 27, 2020
This is something I've looked at and will be looking at again as I'm sure more and more will be popping up for sale second hand.
Once all the "speculators" have sold theres we will probably see very few around, until peoples 2 year PCP ends - even then I cant see many getting handed back or getting sold.

If you want one that's virtually new, I dont think options will be out there for long!

TrevF

Aug 5, 2021
Ring the dealers in your area tomorrow for a cancellation. I did exactly that 2 weeks ago after taking advice from this forum and was offered 3 cars. I went for the quickest delivery but also it was the colour I wanted as well and I'm picking it up on Saturday. I did call a lot of dealers to be fair though 😂

Olly GR

Aug 21, 2021
West Suffolk
Ring the dealers in your area tomorrow for a cancellation. I did exactly that 2 weeks ago after taking advice from this forum and was offered 3 cars. I went for the quickest delivery but also it was the colour I wanted as well and I'm picking it up on Saturday. I did call a lot of dealers to be fair though 😂
I did the same on mine - a dealer said a cancellation has come in and I can offer the list price (33,500 for CircP), buy now or I'll just ring the next of the 17 people on the wait list! Paid deposit there and then in mid Aug. Looking at other comments looks like I was lucky to get a cancellation at list price. Picking mine up on Wednesday.

Reactions: mattipuh and TrevF

keith drinkwater

Dec 17, 2020
Hello TrevF - how many dealers did you call before you came up trumps ??? - K

speed_cad

Aug 12, 2021
I was lucky with mine last month. Went for a test drive at my local garage and at the end he mentioned he had 3 CP car cancelled orders for May next year… I jumper on one. All at list RRP :)

3Pot

Sep 24, 2021
Hi all, new to the forum and kicking myself for not placing an order on one of these when I had the chance! Called my local dealer yesterday to be told that no orders are currently been taken. Simply took my number and said he would get back to me if things changed! Not sure if he will.. What's happening with these? Will we see more cars being made? Also, what's likely to happen on the used market over time?

Pappyjohn

Nov 22, 2020
Ring around buddy you may get a cancellation. Nobody knows if more will come out but judging by the way the world is going I'd doubt it. Used market is good and will be for a while.

Reactions: Mintmansam

Bvmbl3

Aug 8, 2021
Northampton
Not while the new cars still can't be delivered in a timely manner. The premium is solely as they are rare as unicorn poop and in demand.

Used prices will eventually subside, but no idea when

Reactions: 3Pot

dav1d

May 12, 2021
Not while the new cars still can't be delivered in a timely manner. The premium is solely as they are rare as unicorn poop and in demand.

Used prices will eventually subside, but no idea when
Very late to the party but was just scrolling back through the thread and saw one of your previous posts regarding refund of deposits. My order is with SE too - if you look at the blanket terms and conditions (which looks like a photocopy of old terms) then if it’s the same as mine at around clause 4b it states that if the delivery date passes and they haven’t delivered the car, then you can put them on notice. If they can’t provide within 7 days then you can get a full refund (including the deposit). Ie a direct contradiction of what is in the box about not being refundable (edits to this post were for clause refs).

Last edited:

(Ex) Black_GR

Dec 27, 2020
Do you see prices dropping on them used?
In a word NO! Prices on the used market will remain strong, it's a "halo" car and that wont change. Will only a limited number of vehicles in the UK I really dong see prices doing much.

As for building more - I just dont see it, the GR Corolla is on it's way and they cannot build both at the same time

AIB Insurance advert