Moved Brake Ducts

ecsrobin

Dec 13, 2020
I’ve seen a non CP owner today mention they don’t have the brake ducts. Can you confirm tomorrow?

Atkinson2k

Nov 23, 2020
I’ve seen a non CP owner today mention they don’t have the brake ducts. Can you confirm tomorrow?
8DCDEB18-8214-4F3C-B80E-EE2750E5FD0E.jpeg

They don’t this is mine 😡 it’s a real bummer as the uk specs say they are fitted and I asked the question on the Toyota blog some time back and got the reply “yes all 3 uk models have brake cooling ducts” there was also a base model parked behind and it doesn’t have them either.

Just hope this is the only thing I don’t like about it 😂

65B48E7F-AA86-4154-8A9A-C0D517AF691D.jpeg

Greg

Dec 14, 2020
London, England
Last edited:
Reactions: CommitConfirm

Phil

Nov 9, 2020
Somerset
It might be that the ducts are present to direct air towards the brakes - if you look inside the wheel arch, but those air inlets are only open on the CP cars. Thus meaning that airflow into the ducts on non-CP is only from somewhere under the front bumper ... rather than straight through.
I hope that made sense? If confirmed then we are talking about two separate things "ducts" (all models), "inlets" (CP only).

CommitConfirm

Dec 24, 2020
Interesting. Maybe w
There is this in the Japanese accessory catalogue. Google translates to:
"When the door is opened, the blue light illuminates your feet with indirect lighting, and the door After closing, it gradually dims and turns off after a certain period of time. It is dimmed while driving, and can be turned on and off by turning the switch on and off"
Screenshot 2021-01-23 at 23.43.32.png

Reactions: Brasso

DeanoC

Dec 4, 2020
Essex/Herts
It might be that the ducts are present to direct air towards the brakes - if you look inside the wheel arch, but those air inlets are only open on the CP cars. Thus meaning that airflow into the ducts on non-CP is only from somewhere under the front bumper ... rather than straight through.
I hope that made sense? If confirmed then we are talking about two separate things "ducts" (all models), "inlets" (CP only).

No ducts on non CP cars. Easy to fit though but if you don't need diffs you sure as shit don't need brake cooling

CommitConfirm

Dec 24, 2020
Agree, should be an easy retro fit to add the brake ducts to Convenience Pack cars. Check out section 53.04B of the parts catalogue. Check for a hole in the existing inner wing covers for a hole the ducts come out of as you may also need a difference liner.

ecsrobin

Dec 13, 2020
Yes that's known. Same as Japan RZ
Was it known? As above it’s on the Toyota UK site as all 3 versions and they replied to the blog post.

Although I think it was assumed by some as the aus version didn’t ship with them so was likely for UK.

ecsrobin

Dec 13, 2020
Interesting. Maybe w

There is this in the Japanese accessory catalogue. Google translates to:
"When the door is opened, the blue light illuminates your feet with indirect lighting, and the door After closing, it gradually dims and turns off after a certain period of time. It is dimmed while driving, and can be turned on and off by turning the switch on and off"
View attachment 2305
Used to have this on my civic. £15 and about 10minutes to fit aftermarket or £2-300 plus dealer costs for OEM.

DeanoC

Dec 4, 2020
Essex/Herts
Was it known? As above it’s on the Toyota UK site as all 3 versions and they replied to the blog post.

Although I think it was assumed by some as the aus version didn’t ship with them so was likely for UK.

So firstly you must ignore everything on the blog. Build, spec, servicing, track cover.

The CP car is a Japanese RC 'high performance'. Non high performance models didn't have them so that was always going to be the outcome here.

Screenshot_20210125-061815_Chrome.jpg

The Moog

Jul 15, 2021
Cambridgeshire
Sorry to revive an old thread, but with a Convenience Pack car on order and having checked the Toyota website for its features, this was a bit of a surprise to me.

They seem cheap enough to add back in and I would be tempted to do it more for the fact that I dislike fake vents rather than the improved brake temperatures, but what are people thoughts on the benefits of the ducts for non-track but spirited B-road driving?

The Moog

Jul 15, 2021
Cambridgeshire
I guess that the only justification that I could come up with for leaving them blocked was that under normal road driving conditions it might be beneficial to retain some heat in the disks... but yes, I do dislike fake vents :unsure:

aussiebogan

Dec 8, 2020
I installed mine on the aussie pov pack, was easy. I didn't *need* them but they weren't expensive and I figure everything else on the car is there for a purpose, having blocked parts on the bumper seemed weird.

Mrtn

Jun 18, 2021
Around the 4min 55sec mark...........
I dislike fake vents too especially when the inlets are both there; I changed my base car to ducted inlets because a stone broke one blank plate (I put a thread on here about this) and it cannot be repaired: much better now to look at too.

AIB Insurance advert