dearwaker's GR project

dearwaker

Feb 4, 2021
Within the next couple of weeks I will be taking order of my PW CP (pearl white circuit pack 😉). I have plans for a few modifications, with a list of things already ordered and ready to go.

The current list of items ready to go into the car (once delivered), is:

- Upgraded bi-amp speaker system
- Bespoke Corbeau seats (with GR yaris OEM design)
- OZ Leggera HLT - Gloss Black
- GruppeM Ram Air system
- Rallyflapz Kaylan
- GR stickers (courtesy of Sticky)

The NC500 is booked in for the end of this month and I am hoping the car will be here and ready by the time I set off for the 12 hour drive to Inverness! 😴

Excited for my journey with the car and to share the journey on here! Any recommendations of further 'upgrades' are more than welcome!

Dec

nails84

Feb 26, 2021
Sounds like a good plan with the car. Don't suppose you have a link to the stickers? Are they for the body or windows?

Reactions: dearwaker

dearwaker

Feb 4, 2021
Sounds like a good plan with the car. Don't suppose you have a link to the stickers? Are they for the body or windows?

I believe that's the thread. I bought the ones for the body (which I'll use on rally flaps). @Sticky would be able to answer any questions. He's got many great products

Reactions: nails84

dearwaker

Feb 4, 2021
The new wheels have turned up...

Now to just wait for the car. I've been advised I'll have it within the week. Like a kid at Christmas 😆😆

20210907_115131.jpg

dearwaker

Feb 4, 2021
A few more items have been ordered today for delivery over the next few weeks.

- Fujitsubo Type R Exhaust
- Cobra GPF delete non-resonated
- Ali-express GR style non-slip mats

Total modifications to date:

- Upgraded bi-amp speaker system (delivered)
- Bespoke Corbeau seats (with GR yaris OEM design) (ETA mid-October)
- OZ Leggera HLT - Gloss Black (delivered)
- GruppeM Ram Air system (ETA mid-October)
- Rallyflapz Kaylan (delivered)
- GR stickers (courtesy of Sticky - delivered)
- Fujitsubo Type R Exhaust (ETA late-september)
- Cobra GPF delete non-resonated (ETA late-september)
- GR style non-slip mats (delivered)

Next step is to look at the bodykits. Really like the look of the Maxton but worried about the 'brittle' claims. The HT autos low body kit looks like it might be my go to, with a spoiler to suit. Any recommendations for body kits?

Reactions: johanrocker

nails84

Feb 26, 2021
Out of interest why did you choose the Fujitsubo exhaust? It is on my list of options but there are so many options it is hard to pick one. What made the decision for you?

dearwaker

Feb 4, 2021
Out of interest why did you choose the Fujitsubo exhaust? It is on my list of options but there are so many options it is hard to pick one. What made the decision for you?

I was torn between the C-TEC, HKS, Fujitsubo and Enhanced.

I think the build quality of the C-TEC is unbelievable and the sound of the C-TEC and the Fujitsubo are equally good, for different reasons. The HKS and C-TEC ended up costing quite a bit more than the other two and because of the uncertainty around which is the best Enhanced system to go for, I opted for the Fujitsubo. If you're willing to spend £2.5k and want a loud exhaust, go for C-TEC, if you want a quieter exhaust with good airflow, go HKS. If you want a cheaper option which is in the middle of the two in terms of noise but is just as well made, go for Enhanced / Fujitsubo.

Hope that helps!.

nails84

Feb 26, 2021
I was torn between the C-TEC, HKS, Fujitsubo and Enhanced.

I think the build quality of the C-TEC is unbelievable and the sound of the C-TEC and the Fujitsubo are equally good, for different reasons. The HKS and C-TEC ended up costing quite a bit more than the other two and because of the uncertainty around which is the best Enhanced system to go for, I opted for the Fujitsubo. If you're willing to spend £2.5k and want a loud exhaust, go for C-TEC, if you want a quieter exhaust with good airflow, go HKS. If you want a cheaper option which is in the middle of the two in terms of noise but is just as well made, go for Enhanced / Fujitsubo.

Hope that helps!.
Thank you. Same list as mine apart from the enhanced range is not on my list. Where did you buy the Fujitsubo from?

dearwaker

Feb 4, 2021
Thank you. Same list as mine apart from the enhanced range is not on my list. Where did you buy the Fujitsubo from?
Torque GT. If you sign up to the newsletter you get 10% off and free delivery, ends up roughly £1,100, saving about £300 Inc. Delivery.

Rang them up and they have 5 being delivered next Thursday, so you'll have it in a couple of weeks!

nails84

Feb 26, 2021
Torque GT. If you sign up to the newsletter you get 10% off and free delivery, ends up roughly £1,100, saving about £300 Inc. Delivery.

Rang them up and they have 5 being delivered next Thursday, so you'll have it in a couple of weeks!
Thanks for that. I have a good relationship with them, bought quite a few bits from them over the years including a car 😀

Reactions: dearwaker

dearwaker

Feb 4, 2021
Great pic. Happy days eh? Enjoy.

BTW ditch the OZs the OEM BBS forged are far better colour design, build and finish (all imho of course)
I haven't got any pictures of the OZ's on the car yet but I'm kind of inclined to agree. Love the shape of the wheel but not sure on the colour. Changes imminent probably!

AIB Insurance advert