Delivery time

davidacbarreiro

Jun 29, 2021
Is there a way to get your order onto the MyT app, please? I’ve registered but am stuck with needing either a VIN or registration number. I presume a VIN is advised once the car enters production, and does that come via the dealer?

Any advice appreciated as the dealer was very vague on how and when my order would show.
if they do not link your email into your order there's nothing you can do, but also depending on your country It might no be possible to link. Here in Portugal for some reason that was not possible but that was ok for me. I just called the dealer instead :)

Reactions: Filipe Guerra

Sinky

Jul 9, 2021
Is there a way to get your order onto the MyT app, please? I’ve registered but am stuck with needing either a VIN or registration number. I presume a VIN is advised once the car enters production, and does that come via the dealer?

Any advice appreciated as the dealer was very vague on how and when my order would show.
I’ve just been through this to the point the dealer was just ignoring me. Shocking service

you need the dealer to link your email to your order. You’ll then get an email confirming this and after a few hours it will appear on the app itself.

if no joy with your dealer do what I did and go through Toyota customer relations they’ll get it sorted

Weir_SW

Jun 16, 2021
Glasgow UK
Seems like loads of people are getting loads of conflicting info. Most people now expecting delivery of there car
Ordered mine on 3rd Feb - popped in to the dealership today for test drive number two (nearly did a number 2 as well - just awesome). Sales guy confirmed that a customer who ordered their car in Jan has had their delivery brought forward from December to October and their status is now 'Build in Progress' :) I hope this is a good sign.
this is good news if some orders are getting moved forward!!! Fingers crossed the whole process picks up for everyone. I see someone above saying 15 months build time?? duck that! That seems nuts

Reactions: Sinky

Mark

Jun 7, 2021
Bath/Wiltshire
I’ve just been through this to the point the dealer was just ignoring me. Shocking service

you need the dealer to link your email to your order. You’ll then get an email confirming this and after a few hours it will appear on the app itself.

if no joy with your dealer do what I did and go through Toyota customer relations they’ll get it sorted
Thanks Sinky. I might just contact Toyota customer relations as the dealer’s been vague, though not unhelpful.

Sinky

Jul 9, 2021
Seems like loads of people are getting loads of conflicting info. Most people now expecting delivery of there car

this is good news if some orders are getting moved forward!!! Fingers crossed the whole process picks up for everyone. I see someone above saying 15 months build time?? duck that! That seems nuts
Mines was originally March 22 but is now May 22 😡 reason for delay… no idea. Suspect dealer ****ed up and didn’t process order correctly

Weir_SW

Jun 16, 2021
Glasgow UK
Mines was originally March 22 but is now May 22 😡 reason for delay… no idea. Suspect dealer ****ed up and didn’t process order correctly
When you ordered did you see the order in the MyT app straight away?

Seems like most people are getting told May 22 doesn’t matter when they ordered. A LOT of people going to be getting cars in May if this is true!! 😂😂

I read on another thread that they are built by region batch numbers. UK has different regulations and RHD, and someone might correct me, but spec varies slightly from regions to region so makes a bit of sense that they need to built each region in batches. Looks like UK next big release will be May 22 for cars ordered in 2021.

Few people above saying they are taking delivery late 2021 though, so earlier than expected, which blows the whole 'region batch built' out the window 😂 so who bloody knows! Guess we just need to sit and wait for the magic email “Your car is getting built!”

I drop a few garages an email every couple of weeks about cancellations, most get back to me but they’ve all said it will be unlikely to get one. I think the problem is if they get a cancelled order they are now keeping them as demonstrators and selling them over retail. At the end of the day these garages are still just privately owned franchises so someone will have noticed the markup on the GR and be saying “Don’t sell off the cash cows at retail! Keep them as a demo and then stick £2-3k on them”

I’ve seen a few Toyota dealerships in autotrader selling for £38k

Last edited:
Reactions: Toots

Sinky

Jul 9, 2021
When you ordered did you see the order in the MyT app straight away?

Seems like most people are getting told May 22 doesn’t matter when they ordered. A LOT of people going to be getting cars in May if this is true!! 😂😂

I read on another thread that they are built in region batch numbers. UK has different regulations and RHD, and someone might correct me, but spec varies slightly from regions to region so makes a bit of sense that they need to built each region in batch. Looks like UK next big release will be May 22 for cars ordered in 2021.

Few people above saying they are taking delivery late 2021 though so earlier than expected which blows the whole batch built out the window 😂 so who bloody knows! Guess we just need to sit and wait for the magic email “Your car is getting built!”

I drop a few garages an email every couple of weeks about cancellations most get back to me but they’ve all said it will be unlikely to get one. I think the problem is if they get a cancelled order they are now keeping them as demonstrators and selling them over retail. At the end of the day these garages are still just privately owned franchises so someone will have noticed the markup on the GR and be saying “Don’t sell off the cash cows at retail! Keep them as a demo and then stick £2-3k on them”

I’ve seen a few Toyota dealerships in autotrader selling for £38k
Oh don’t get me started on the MyT app haha got that on another thread
Had issues getting it set up and only just got it sorted thanks to Toyotas customer relations team.
Think your right re cancellations though

Reactions: Weir_SW and Mizo9

Weir_SW

Jun 16, 2021
Glasgow UK
I think half the problem just now is there is a bit of speculation around delivery dates, I don’t think anyone knows for sure. From reading a lot of threads it seems most of the dealers are in the dark as much as us. Think they are firing out the May delivery dates as standard policy without really knowing if thats true of not. I don't see how someone who ordered in Feb 21 can have the same delivery date as someone who ordered in May/June 21... Unless the batch build theory is correct but then other people saying they are getting car end of this year. 🤷‍♂️

Would be good to speak to someone from Toyota who actually works within the brain trust and can tell people whats going on.

The other side of the coin is with so much uncertainty over the COVID virus in Japan / import and export delays throughout the world and the chip shortages, building these cars probably isn’t on the priority list for a company like Toyota, I dare say they will fulfil all orders eventually but these cars were built as a fun technical exercise before the the world went to shit 😭 so think we will just need to sit tight and wait it all out.

Last edited:

Sinky

Jul 9, 2021
I think half the problem just now is there is a bit of speculation around delivery dates, I don’t think anyone knows for sure. From reading a lot of threads it seems most of the dealers are in the dark as much as us. Think they are firing out the May delivery dates as standard policy without really knowing if thats true of not. I don't see how someone who ordered in Feb 21 can have the same delivery date as someone who ordered in May/June 21... Unless the batch build theory is correct but then other people saying they are getting car end of this year. 🤷‍♂️

Would be good to speak to someone from Toyota who actually works within the brain trust and can tell people whats going on.

The other side of the coin is with so much uncertainty over the COVID virus in Japan / import and export delays throughout the world and the chip shortages, building these cars probably isn’t on the priority list for a company like Toyota, I dare say they will fulfil all orders eventually but these cars were built as a fun technical exercise before the the world went to shit 😭 so think we will just need to sit tight and wait it all out.
I don’t mind the delay to be honest I was more ****ed off with the dealer because of the lack of transparency around the order and MyT but now it is in hand supposedly more than happy… until they tell me it’s 2023….

Brasso

Staff member
Dec 13, 2020
Northamptonshire
I think half the problem just now is there is a bit of speculation around delivery dates, I don’t think anyone knows for sure. From reading a lot of threads it seems most of the dealers are in the dark as much as us.
Unfortunately, many salespeople/ dealers don't seem to care once they have sold the car. Some have reported great service but it's unfortunately not the "norm."

They have indicated information on the order system if they are willing to share.

I know my experience wasn't great despite phone calls and emails, but if you've got My T once it's in build on the app it's about 8-10 weeks to arrive.
Before that getting the map and the email saying order processing shows things are in progress. When you get that seems to vary from batch to batch.

Orders have moved forward in the past for circuit packs and standard cars. Convenience packs seemed to stick with advised dates.

2022 & 2023 orders area long way off. I wouldn't expect the first actual '22 orders to be in inbuild until late Oct/ early Nov 21.

kinboshi

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 21, 2020
Rutland
Unfortunately, many salespeople/ dealers don't seem to care once they have sold the car. Some have reported great service but it's unfortunately not the "norm."

They have indicated information on the order system if they are willing to share.

I know my experience wasn't great despite phone calls and emails, but if you've got My T once it's in build n the app it's about 8-10 weeks to arrive.
Before that getting the map and the email saying order processing shows things are in progress. When you get that seems to vary from batch to batch.

Orders have moved forward in the past for circuit packs and standard cars. Convenience packs seemed to stick with advised dates.

2022 & 2023 orders area long way off. I wouldn't expect the first actual '22 orders to be in inbuild until late Oct/ early Nov 21.
Think some earlier Convenience Pack orders were brought forward (early December and before that), but mine from later in December was one of those affected by the shortage of something (chip-related most probably).

As you say, means expected delivery wasn't brought forward, but felt like a delay with others ordered at the same time coming forward by a month or two.

Reactions: Sinky and Brasso

Germy

Jul 12, 2021
Devon
My OH had a May delivery date and now it's March.....maybe he's getting your car 🤣

Mark

Jun 7, 2021
Bath/Wiltshire
Big thanks to everyone who responded to my previous question on how to get the MyT app to show my order.

I contacted Toyota Customer Relations, as suggested, and they replied really quickly saying they can’t link it centrally but they’d contact my dealer to get them to do it. The dealer contacted me that same day and they found my email address had been put into the wrong field on a form at their end, which is easily done. Once corrected, my order was showing within 24 hours.

So … my advice from this experience is that needs to be the dealer that links your personal details to MyT but Toyota GB can and will investigate for you if there’s an anomaly. I hope that feedback might help someone else who’s having trouble.

Mizo9

Jun 25, 2021
Big thanks to everyone who responded to my previous question on how to get the MyT app to show my order.

I contacted Toyota Customer Relations, as suggested, and they replied really quickly saying they can’t link it centrally but they’d contact my dealer to get them to do it. The dealer contacted me that same day and they found my email address had been put into the wrong field on a form at their end, which is easily done. Once corrected, my order was showing within 24 hours.

So … my advice from this experience is that needs to be the dealer that links your personal details to MyT but Toyota GB can and will investigate for you if there’s an anomaly. I hope that feedback might help someone else who’s having trouble.
Is this true for June orders too, eta July 22? Or is it too early to get MyT

Reactions: Mark

Mark

Jun 7, 2021
Bath/Wiltshire
Nope. Once the dealer has your order in hand they can apparently just load it into the app.

I’d already downloaded the app and registered my details. It was asking me to enter a registration number or VIN (which is where it became stuck), but that disappeared once the dealer had linked my order to my email and it now just shows the status page, as shown below:

748FC827-531D-4864-8DEF-6B67119FE1D2.png

Reactions: Mizo9

misterkevlar

May 26, 2021
I placed my order start of hune and it's not showing in the app dealer just said it should show eventually - I have contacted Toyota to see if they can check it out and as said above it feel slike the dealers got my otder and thats the end of it - guy I dealt with iterally told me he knows nothing about the GR Yaris...brilliant!...still should be wort the wait!

Reactions: Mizo9

Germy

Jul 12, 2021
Devon
I placed my order start of hune and it's not showing in the app dealer just said it should show eventually - I have contacted Toyota to see if they can check it out and as said above it feel slike the dealers got my otder and thats the end of it - guy I dealt with iterally told me he knows nothing about the GR Yaris...brilliant!...still should be wort the wait!
Call the dealer and give them a polite reminder, it literally will update overnight once they pull their finger out

AIB Insurance advert