#1 ·
Is hard not to temp to put 9.5j and 275 high performance tire to Gr Yaris
Because is design. To be run this wide tire
But there is problems
I find out stock 2 peace rotor center is very thick
Make it if u are runing aftermarket wheel the thread is barely enough~
So I never use impact tool when I change tire
And use high temp grease at stud to prevent binding

but at my last track day , when I reTQ rim after the session , find some thing funny feeling
Sure enough one of nut are strip !!!!
Man I just bought this few mo ago and only did 5 track day !!!!
so Inorder to fix this issue I am going to install longer wheel stud at front , and temporarily fix
Is to use this special made chrome molly nut
That have much larger taper base to support

Hood Purple Automotive lighting Automotive tire Fender

Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Plant

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Rim Camera lens

Wheel Hood Purple Tire Automotive tire

Wheel Tire Automotive lighting Glove Automotive tire

Arm Purple Water Gesture Violet

Purple Plant Glove Safety glove Violet

Purple Sleeve Violet Gas Drinkware

Automotive tire Gas Rim Bicycle part Auto part

See less See more
#80 ·
They said their normal taper nuts they supply would be ok but I asked about nuts with a shaft as the studs are so short and these are what they have
A guy I know with a GR Y owns a shop that sells wheels, I was talking to him and he said the stud length on the GR Y is no different to other vehicles. He's had about 5 different sets of wheels on his (mainly WedsSport.) He said standard nuts are fine.

#81 ·
Thanks - the shop I bought them from said the taper nuts they supply are fine and they have sold lots of sets but they will only give about 5 turns which he said is enough

they have shank nuts too though which he said they can provide and will give more thread coverage

#82 ·
5 turns??

People forget that the clamping force supported by those little threads is huge. As in several times the cars weight per stud. And that is before loads are applied. 5 turns, of which you can substract roughly 0,5 again as the entry threads don't support in the beginning, will leave very little margin for error and/or actual load before the thread shears off.
Can't say I would have much trust for a such a shop, nicely put...

#83 ·
5 turns??

People forget that the clamping force supported by those little threads is huge. As in several times the cars weight per stud. And that is before loads are applied. 5 turns, of which you can substract roughly 0,5 again as the entry threads don't support in the beginning, will leave very little margin for error and/or actual load before the thread shears off.
Can't say I would have much trust for a such a shop, nicely put...
running a nut up the equivalent of the stud diameter would be 8 turns which is the minimum I would be comfortable with. In my line of work rule of thumb is a nut needs to be tightened at very least the length equal to the diameter of the stud/bolt

But saying that lots of shops sell them with the OZ nuts without issue.

#89 · (Edited)
Some update
There is video about very hard to get axle nut of GR Yaris ,
This happend to me too
But luckily like OE wheel stud , this is common part from other Toyota line up
Glad my axle still in ok shape , and long stud fit pretty smooth

49CAC160-EE17-44E4-86C4-DDDCD1A6EC3E.jpeg

4E82BCB0-CA1B-4D4B-9A47-5AE840189D9D.jpeg

EB8CB208-1A4A-4F70-B79E-1AA22CCB8801.jpeg

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.