GR Yaris wheel stud is too short for track use

kappa_md

Apr 2, 2021
In the rear aswell?

20mm seems bit too much but I would like to bring out the front rims a bit. Is 7mm hubcentric okay or there is not enough stud?

In the rear there is 7,5 turns with 7mm spacers.
Wheelspacer beyond 5mm will require a change to longer studs.

Onehp

Dec 7, 2020
IKEA-land
Yes, I know I've seen them referenced in the past. I just thought I'd post up another brand/ option if people are having trouble sourcing the H&R's or require a different "tuner style" slimmer nut. Gorilla also make then in chrome or black.

I haven't come across any anti theft lock nuts with the extended thread though?
And another heads up, make sure the narrow part with the extra threads fit INSIDE the holes in your wheel (wheels have different size holes). H&R are good because they are narrow compared to others.

Reactions: Diyman25

Krusty

Apr 1, 2021
Yes, but it's not the same as M12x1,5, you need to make an effort to find out these usually unpublished numbers, easy to assume it's M12 and recommended here, thus it will fit...
18.5mm to fit inside the standard Toyota wheels. In the useful information FAQ section and checked to confirm. (y)

Reactions: Onehp

triumph202

Mar 6, 2021
Australia
1631752032617.png

The Gorilla "extended thread" tuner spline nut's measurements. ET 21133ETBC

Last edited:

triumph202

Mar 6, 2021
Australia
Yes, but it's not the same as M12x1,5, you need to make an effort to find out these usually unpublished numbers, easy to assume it's M12 and recommended here, thus it will fit...
I'm not sure what you're trying to say there? The pic above shows the measurements for the Gorilla extended thread nut. And it is M12x1.5mm thread.

Onehp

Dec 7, 2020
IKEA-land
I'm not sure what you're trying to say there? The pic above shows the measurements for the Gorilla extended thread nut. And it is M12x1.5mm thread.
The extended shaft on the Gorilla is 15,75mm. Some wheels have smaller holes (e.g. my Pro Track are 15mm), hence won't fit. H&R is 14,7mm and narrower then most.

So to anyone considering these extended shaft nuts, be sure to check ALL measurements (y)

For reference H&R
Screenshot_20210805-175748_Chrome.jpg

scott-o

May 17, 2021
The extended shaft on the Gorilla is 15,75mm. Some wheels have smaller holes (e.g. my Pro Track are 15mm), hence won't fit. H&R is 14,7mm and narrower then most.

So to anyone considering these extended shaft nuts, be sure to check ALL measurements (y)

For reference H&R
View attachment 21120
Have you got a link to purchase these? I have Protrack to go on for winter wheels.

Edit, looks like the right one

Last edited:

bjw970s1

Jul 26, 2021
How did they cheap out? The stud works absolutely fine for the OEM wheels. It's not Toyota's fault if you want to change wheels and the studs aren't long enough. They use flat seated, closed ended nuts and they have sufficient thread engagement, why would they fit longer studs?
Just re-reading through this thread and this sums it up. If you start changing wheels, try and get ones with the same wheel nut fitting. My revolutions have been machined to suit the OEM wheel nuts and they fit. This thread would be better re-titled to ‘If you want to put wider wheels/spacers/tapered nuts you may need to change the stud length and face the risk of over stressing the hubs’ and, re work-out what the torque setting is……

AIB Insurance advert