Hazards flashy

Sekred

Feb 14, 2021
I think most current Fords flash the brake lights. You get used to the hazards flashing, your not really looking at the dash when its happening. I think it would be annoying at night but I am too old to go out fanging it after dark, can't see FA now.

Last edited:

11JHW

Jan 1, 2021
I most current Fords flash the brake lights. You get used to the hazards flashing, your not really looking at the dash when its happening. I think it would be annoying at night but I am too old to go out fanging it after dark, can.t see FA now.The

JRAWGR4

Nov 17, 2020
Warwickshire
www.artofmachine.com
It's called EBL (Emergency Brake Light) when the car reaches a targeted longitudinal threshold under braking it will illuminate the hazard lights.

It's a legal requirement BUT some companies are more aggressive than others (Hazards are illuminated on the outside of the car but not the inside, and they trigger in ABS rather than 0.7-8g where people can operate lot on the road).

The GR is just a conservative logic / calibration, and yes...it's annoying. The way Toyota does it is just cheaper.

Kaxe

Jan 22, 2021
I haven't had the hazards come ON under heavy braking in this car... yet. But I do get the annoying *BRAKE* warning loads lately LOL! :ROFLMAO: ...one time it did it and it was a parked van on the other side of the road on a slight bend that set it off! :confused: o_O (n) :cautious:

Reactions: JRAWGR4
AIB Insurance advert