Resolved Issues with logging into the forum

glane85

Jun 8, 2021
Northants
Hi,
Not sure if this is the correct place for this, apologies if it isn’t.
I can log into the forum via Safari on the iPhone, there are no issues. Yet when I try on the laptop, I constantly get “incorrect password, please try again”. I’ve reset the password several times, and makes no difference. I’ve tried several hubs (home and work), Chrome and Edge, cleared all cookies etc. Also tried using my forum name and email too. Yet each time the same error. It is a long shot , but is there anything at the forum end which is stopping the connection?
Thanks!

Jack

Feb 1, 2021
UK
That sounds like an odd one!

Have you already tried logging out on your phone then login again, I believe you can use either your forum name or email address.

Then on your laptop, try using Google chrome, open an incognito window/incognito tab. You can do that by right clicking chrome icon in the taskbar and then click open incognito window, if you have a windows laptop. Then go to the forum and attempt to sign in using the credentials you know are genuinely correct as you just tried them on your phone.

If there is still an issue I would recommend opening notepad on your laptop and type the password there, just to ensure 100% the password is showing as expected. As sometimes keyboard mapping on a PC can muck things up with special characters!

Hope this helps in some way.

Reactions: swiss and kinboshi

glane85

Jun 8, 2021
Northants
Hi,
Thanks for the replies and suggestions.
Comments as follows:
Yes, I’ve logged out on the phone and logged back in again, no issues. I’ve done this after each password reset too.
I’ve also just logged out on the phone and tried on the laptop, incase the forum only allowed one access per user. Same error on the laptop, “incorrect password”.

The same happens for both the forum name and the email.

If I type the forum name or email incorrectly, it says user not recognised, so the log in process does recognise my forum name and email.

I’ve just tried the Incognito window. Exactly the same, “incorrect password”.

I have completely removed all history, cookies, sites visited etc, then tried logging in again. Same error.
With regards the password, I have been using the “show” function when typing the password, so I can see it is correct each time I type it.
UPDATE: after typing the above, I just typed the password in an email, then copied and pasted it into the password box. It looked exactly the same as I type it. Double checked…..yet the forum has just accepted it!!! What is that all about?!?
Thanks for the suggestions, appreciate you guys taking the time to write back!
Cheers!

Reactions: Matt and Jack

kinboshi

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 21, 2020
Rutland
Sometimes there can be a trailing space, or a character that looks like another, for example I and l, that causes the issue.

Glad it's sorted (to some degree at least!).

AIB Insurance advert