MoTeC plug in ECU kit

BriantheSn@il

Dec 14, 2020
I have been very fortunate today and have collected the first pre production MoTeC kit to go on a car in the UK.

Check out: @fearnsport on instagram where we will be updating progress from stock tune to making some tuning adjustments. The car being tested is completely stock bar running ITG Panel filter and the Turbosmart Recirc DV. All work will be carried out in conjunction with Fraser MacKellar.

View attachment 17016

View attachment 17017

View attachment 17018
Wow Looking forward to the progress in Tuning and personation of the map.

Sam

Nov 7, 2020
Sussex
I have been very fortunate today and have collected the first pre production MoTeC kit to go on a car in the UK.

Check out: @fearnsport on instagram where we will be updating progress from stock tune to making some tuning adjustments. The car being tested is completely stock bar running ITG Panel filter and the Turbosmart Recirc DV. All work will be carried out in conjunction with Fraser MacKellar.

View attachment 17016

View attachment 17017

View attachment 17018

1628352895907.gif

MCFS1976

May 2, 2021
www.fearnsport.co.uk
Wow Looking forward to the progress in Tuning and personation of the map.
Absolutely, so far so good! Big improvement already in terms of how strong the power delivery is without really running any more boost than stock. We have just worked at matching the request faster and keeping it all the way up the revs (stock car doesn't really track boost vs request that well). Other items need ironing out a little but they are minor to be honest. Feedback is constantly being passed to MoTeC for addressing. Car going over to them tomorrow for some tinkering. Be back soon.

Reactions: CommitConfirm

leviGRY

Apr 3, 2021
North East England
Really dissapointed to hear that anything related to the radar isn't working on the Motec.

I know it's for a good reason and nobody else has a solution but I just couldn't stomach paying £6k (including VAT and mapping) to have OEM features not work and have to do dash overrides etc.

Duke

Apr 4, 2021
Luxembourg
Really dissapointed to hear that anything related to the radar isn't working on the Motec.

I know it's for a good reason and nobody else has a solution but I just couldn't stomach paying £6k (including VAT and mapping) to have OEM features not work and have to do dash overrides etc.
My thoughts too. And to have to pay some gougey supplement to have the warning lights suppressed? For shame, MoTeC!

CommitConfirm

Dec 24, 2020
I LOL'd when I read the instructions on how to remove the dash warning lights for those systems as it's essentially a 'take the bulb out' approach. Sadly, I doubt they can ever make it work as the instructions say it's a crypto key thing.

Duke

Apr 4, 2021
Luxembourg
Its still a great product if your car is purely track/race focused but for a long term keeper road car I'm hoping they manage to get this stuff working.
Don't get me wrong, I get that they can't get access to those encrypted sub-systems, that's hardly their fault.

It's just the pricing model modelled after Ryanair or Microsoft Enterprise Licensing that smarts.

MCFS1976

May 2, 2021
www.fearnsport.co.uk
Version 7 Base map tested today which is the latest release. Vehicle very smooth when pulling away and at slow speeds it is very civilised just as the stock car is (previous version would kangaroo a little in traffic). These features for me are the most important, over and above ultimate performance. If a car is really bad mannered when driving in traffic I will go off it fast. Fraser has further improved on the base map carrying over some adjustments made on earlier testing. Boost control is massively improved now and the request/actual track beautifully even when lifting the request. Overshoot is much more controlled with no boost cuts to mention due to it running away a little (as i mention, boost control is really very good). There is some lag in V7 between gears (the stock eco also does this) as std but this was also one of the fixes carried over from previous testing which removes it almost completely. All in all so far it has improved a lot, drives like a stock car with vastly improved performance. Down shifting is better than std with IMT on imo, as per press release, some features of the std car do not work but I'm over that now.

AIB Insurance advert