PPF DONE AND 11 HOUR DETAIL AND CERAMIC COATING

NICKH

Jun 14, 2021
I hate washing my cars so usually get them ceramic coated from new to make life easier (a quick snowfoam and jetwash and mint again) so the GR has just been done today.

PPF (bonnet, headlights, wings, bumper, a pillars, sills, rear arches and tailgate all done - cheers Sticky) followed by 11 hour prep by OCD Detailing including decontamination, machine polish, ceramic coating to all bodywork / wheels and callipers (temp resistant ceramic coating for wheels & callipers) and glass. All interior surfaces also cleaned and coated and the car now looks better then new.

Over 1,000 miles done now to run it in properly (they loosen up noticeably after about 500 miles) so can now get on with fitting the tuning goodies that I have waiting to go on until Syvecs and Akrapovic get their GRY stuff launched.

Might change the wheels for 9.5 x 18 as I have a spare set of 265/35/18 R888R's in the garage so these would fill the arches fully!

Have had over 100 cars (nearly all modified) since passing my test some 30+ years ago including some real gems (Alfas, E30 M3, E39 M5, lots of Porsches including a 996 GT2 Club Sport, Integrale EVO 1, Noble M12, NSX, lots of Skylines R32 + R34 + R35, most Audi S and RS's, Supercharged R8, several Lotus's, fast Renaults, Bentleys, Astons, McLaren etc +++++++++) and the GRY will become a classic as they have the same "specialness" as the current crop of cult heroes.

I am a member of the McLaren owners club (have had my 12C from nearly new) and all I need to say is that a LOT of Mac owners have also bought a GR Yaris - enough said!

I tend to browse the forum and read most things but rarely post so this will be one of my few!

AEWK7167.JPG

IMG_0734.JPG

IMG_0736.JPG

IMG_0599.JPG

Baza

Jan 24, 2021
Blackpool
I hate washing my cars so usually get them ceramic coated from new to make life easier (a quick snowfoam and jetwash and mint again) so the GR has just been done today.

PPF (bonnet, headlights, wings, bumper, a pillars, sills, rear arches and tailgate all done - cheers Sticky) followed by 11 hour prep by OCD Detailing including decontamination, machine polish, ceramic coating to all bodywork / wheels and callipers (temp resistant ceramic coating for wheels & callipers) and glass. All interior surfaces also cleaned and coated and the car now looks better then new.

Over 1,000 miles done now to run it in properly (they loosen up noticeably after about 500 miles) so can now get on with fitting the tuning goodies that I have waiting to go on until Syvecs and Akrapovic get their GRY stuff launched.

Might change the wheels for 9.5 x 18 as I have a spare set of 265/35/18 R888R's in the garage so these would fill the arches fully!

Have had over 100 cars (nearly all modified) since passing my test some 30+ years ago including some real gems (Alfas, E30 M3, E39 M5, lots of Porsches including a 996 GT2 Club Sport, Integrale EVO 1, Noble M12, NSX, lots of Skylines R32 + R34 + R35, most Audi S and RS's, Supercharged R8, several Lotus's, fast Renaults, Bentleys, Astons, McLaren etc +++++++++) and the GRY will become a classic as they have the same "specialness" as the current crop of cult heroes.

I am a member of the McLaren owners club (have had my 12C from nearly new) and all I need to say is that a LOT of Mac owners have also bought a GR Yaris - enough said!

I tend to browse the forum and read most things but rarely post so this will be one of my few!

View attachment 17898

View attachment 17899

View attachment 17900

View attachment 17901
Great pictures, car looks stunning!!

Steve

Nov 22, 2020
Brighton & Hove
That is the blackest car I’ve ever seen. It’s literally sucking in the light from the scenery. Looks awesome. I was so tempted to go for black, I wish I could have one in each colour.

Reactions: Tweedy-Pie

Rob O

Jun 24, 2021
Looks incredible Nick, where are OCD detailing based may I ask? I think I'll get that PPF / ceramic coat on my black GR too (about to arrive).

NICKH

Jun 14, 2021
Not many people want to do the PPF on the Yaris as the front end is a PITA to do as it is very fiddly with many small pieces.

Sticky (of here) supplies the kits but getting someone to fit it (the kit itself is very good) is the hard part. I used my usual fitter who normally does Porsche, Ferrari and McLaren PPF and he said that he won't do another Yaris as it would have to be £2k+ to make it worth him doing!

It's a £34k car (not £234k) so I would probably just do the rear arches, sills and A pillars if doing it again and just get a front end respray if I ever came to sell the car and stone ships were an issue.

£2k PPF on a £34k is too high a % cost compared to say £4k on a £200k+ car, it just comes down to personal preference and math's at the end of the day!

GR212

May 20, 2021

View attachment 17898

View attachment 17899

View attachment 17900

View attachment 17901
Could you post an update on the tuning box when you have it installed, if you notice a significant uptick compared to stock?

Smoothound

Jun 17, 2021
Worthing, West Sussex
Not many people want to do the PPF on the Yaris as the front end is a PITA to do as it is very fiddly with many small pieces.

Sticky (of here) supplies the kits but getting someone to fit it (the kit itself is very good) is the hard part. I used my usual fitter who normally does Porsche, Ferrari and McLaren PPF and he said that he won't do another Yaris as it would have to be £2k+ to make it worth him doing!

It's a £34k car (not £234k) so I would probably just do the rear arches, sills and A pillars if doing it again and just get a front end respray if I ever came to sell the car and stone ships were an issue.

£2k PPF on a £34k is too high a % cost compared to say £4k on a £200k+ car, it just comes down to personal preference and math's at the end of the day!

Xpel Ultimate Plus Full Front Coverage and replacement OEM rear impact areas offering much better coverage than the factory items with the addition of Gtechniq Crystal Serum Ultra to the rest of the paintwork along with G1 glass and C5 wheels for a total of £1999 +VAT

I got the above quote from someone down near me in the South East but just thought it's not worth it percentage wise on a relatively low value car so walked away but I am tempted to get a rear arch kit and do it myself if I can find somewhere under cover I can do it!!

JCR

Dec 29, 2020
I got the above quote from someone down near me in the South East but just thought it's not worth it percentage wise on a relatively low value car so walked away but I am tempted to get a rear arch kit and do it myself if I can find somewhere under cover I can do it!!
From what I hear it seems the rear arches are the most susceptible. Must say I agree on balance with how much you actually invest in ppf over the price of the car. What price is perfection? Each to their own judgement and pocket size 😁

g40_boy

Sep 19, 2021
Can you tell me who quoted this? I'm in two minds about getting it done, but to date the quotes I've had have been more than this. Also, does anyone on here have recommendations for a company to do the PPF fitting? Both companies I have quotes from have pics of multiple GRY's they have completed, so I assume at least some are owned by forum members! I am based in Sussex but in the process of moving to Lincs, as I need to drive the car up to the new place I'm happy to travel for the right company!

AIB Insurance advert