Scarlet flair GR, Callow end

GRjimmy

Nov 14, 2020
I bet it is, it’s like a little terrier chomping at the bit, it eggs you on constantly!

Yeah I agree it’s definitely a bit bigger than I thought it would be on the width, but because the wheels are pushed so far to the corners it’s so nimble and confidence inspiring it hides it very well. I’ve got a Granturismo S as well, which thanks to the GR now feels like an oil tanker, and I wouldn’t dream of even taking it down some roads that you can drive enthusiastically in the GR.

No problem, I went off a bit there! But I think it’s a great area to be in with places with fantastic roads like Wales and the cotswolds not far away at all. Maybe one day we can have a local GR meet up and drive some of the routes!

Had a great drive, really can't believe how well it sticks to the road considering how greasy they were.

It does have quite a stance to it, with the width. It does seem to fit perfectly down our roads though,

Very nice 😎Love the Granturismo, they are wide though! There's a convertible locally to here I think, I can hear it from the garden, such a great sounding V8

That's ok! :) Great to hear about to the road. I need to venture further out with mine really.

That sounds like a plan regarding the mini meet!

Reactions: Alexpie

sgardne0

Apr 11, 2021
Definitely, it really showed me what the GR can do (within my ability!), it’s like that route was made for them. However, I was having so much fun most of the countryside was a blur as it zipped past, maybe next time I’ll go a bit easier and check out the scenery too!
It's the only benefit of traffic on those roads - the scenery does tend to fade a bit when you get past it!

Alexpie

Dec 27, 2020
Had a great drive, really can't believe how well it sticks to the road considering how greasy they were.

It does have quite a stance to it, with the width. It does seem to fit perfectly down our roads though,

Very nice 😎Love the Granturismo, they are wide though! There's a convertible locally to here I think, I can hear it from the garden, such a great sounding V8

That's ok! :) Great to hear about to the road. I need to venture further out with mine really.

That sounds like a plan regarding the mini meet!

It was very greasy yesterday, but I struggle to tell the difference in the GR it grips that well! What a change today though! I’ve just had to do something in Malvern link, so naturally I had to come home via jennet tree lane to callow end, across to Hanley swan on to welland and then jubilee drive. That’s definitely woken me up a bit !!

Yeah it’s a fantastic car, the noise and the sense of occasion when you’re driving it are incredible, but it’s bloody huge, and performance wise, especially on the local roads the GR completely runs rings around it. I think I know the one you mean it’s one of the only other local ones I’ve seen.

It would be great to have a run out some time. Maybe we need local area sub forums so we can get an idea who else is nearby and might want to join in.

Venturing out is all well and good, but I usually rely on recommendations of where to go, because there’s so many crap roads it’s hit and miss if you don’t know good ones to aim for!

Reactions: GRjimmy

Alexpie

Dec 27, 2020
It's the only benefit of traffic on those roads - the scenery does tend to fade a bit when you get past it!
Ah, I’ve not been unfortunate enough to encounter any real traffic on there yet, well at least none that I’ve not been able to zip past in fairly short order! I must remember to have a look the next time I’m down there !!

Reactions: sgardne0

GRjimmy

Nov 14, 2020
It was very greasy yesterday, but I struggle to tell the difference in the GR it grips that well! What a change today though! I’ve just had to do something in Malvern link, so naturally I had to come home via jennet tree lane to callow end, across to Hanley swan on to welland and then jubilee drive. That’s definitely woken me up a bit !!

Yeah it’s a fantastic car, the noise and the sense of occasion when you’re driving it are incredible, but it’s bloody huge, and performance wise, especially on the local roads the GR completely runs rings around it. I think I know the one you mean it’s one of the only other local ones I’ve seen.

It would be great to have a run out some time. Maybe we need local area sub forums so we can get an idea who else is nearby and might want to join in.

Venturing out is all well and good, but I usually rely on recommendations of where to go, because there’s so many crap roads it’s hit and miss if you don’t know good ones to aim for!
Really is impressive the way it grips. This is the only car I've owned where I'm actually looking forward to winter! And possible snow.. That sounds like a good route, you would have been past me (based in Hanley Swan) There's a chap who lives a few houses from us, he's just bought a scarlet flare one as well.

Great looking cars too, I saw a black one recently at the 3 counties traffic lights, think the one I saw had the oval sports exhaust, sounded amazing for a standard system.

That sounds like a plan, will have a look and see if there is one.

Very true that, would be good to find out the decent roads, less busy ones too!

Chris64

Nov 27, 2020
Great to hear you guys discussing all the roads round Malvern - I grew up and learnt to drive around there - Jubilee Drive was where I went first when I passed my test back in the day, in my Mum's Mk2 diesel Fiesta!

There are lots of nice, reasonably wide twisty B roads around there, much more so than where I am in the Cotswolds now where it's mostly faster/straigher A roads then narrow single track.

Had a nice run across to my Dads in Malvern recently, instead of the motorway, I went via Gloucester, then took the A417 through Hartpury, turned off at Staunton on the B4208 all the way through to Castlemorton and Welland - that's a great road in the GRY, hadn't driven it for ages! Used to have a lot of fun in our cars on Castlemorton common at Sixth Form lunch times! Reverse donuts anyone!?

GRjimmy

Nov 14, 2020
Great to hear you guys discussing all the roads round Malvern - I grew up and learnt to drive around there - Jubilee Drive was where I went first when I passed my test back in the day, in my Mum's Mk2 diesel Fiesta!

There are lots of nice, reasonably wide twisty B roads around there, much more so than where I am in the Cotswolds now where it's mostly faster/straigher A roads then narrow single track.

Had a nice run across to my Dads in Malvern recently, instead of the motorway, I went via Gloucester, then took the A417 through Hartpury, turned off at Staunton on the B4208 all the way through to Castlemorton and Welland - that's a great road in the GRY, hadn't driven it for ages! Used to have a lot of fun in our cars on Castlemorton common at Sixth Form lunch times! Reverse donuts anyone!?
Certainly some great roads around here :)

Nice, bet there are some great roads where your based now though!

That's a great road you mentioned there, apart from the occasional sheep standing in the road..
(my other half does it to work in Gloucester every day) I'm due to go there later, so quite looking forward to the drive!

Reactions: Chris64

Alexpie

Dec 27, 2020
Really is impressive the way it grips. This is the only car I've owned where I'm actually looking forward to winter! And possible snow.. That sounds like a good route, you would have been past me (based in Hanley Swan) There's a chap who lives a few houses from us, he's just bought a scarlet flare one as well.

Great looking cars too, I saw a black one recently at the 3 counties traffic lights, think the one I saw had the oval sports exhaust, sounded amazing for a standard system.

That sounds like a plan, will have a look and see if there is one.

Very true that, would be good to find out the decent roads, less busy ones too!
Every time I drive the GR it’s better than I can remember, and I haven’t had that with many cars! Thinking back after a drive you think it’s maybe slight rose tinted spectacles in a way.. did it really take that bend that well?! but then you drive it again and it really is that good!

How recently did you see that one? As that’s an accurate description of mine, and it’s actually stored in Hanley Swan. But mines not been out since October!

Olicrom

Mar 23, 2021
Ran my my gr in around the back roads of Malvern and Worcester. We have some brilliant roads especially callow end to the 3 counties. Smooth and twisty with the odd long straight 😌 although the A44 to bromyard is a good road too

Reactions: GRjimmy and Alexpie

Alexpie

Dec 27, 2020
Ran my my gr in around the back roads of Malvern and Worcester. We have some brilliant roads especially callow end to the 3 counties. Smooth and twisty with the odd long straight 😌 although the A44 to bromyard is a good road too
A44 to Bromyard is a great road, best early in the morning or later in the evening when the OAPs aren’t going to Laylocks 😂

Reactions: Chris64

GRjimmy

Nov 14, 2020
Every time I drive the GR it’s better than I can remember, and I haven’t had that with many cars! Thinking back after a drive you think it’s maybe slight rose tinted spectacles in a way.. did it really take that bend that well?! but then you drive it again and it really is that good!

How recently did you see that one? As that’s an accurate description of mine, and it’s actually stored in Hanley Swan. But mines not been out since October!

Really does seem that good! Certainly don't think I've owned a car like it, usually I start to look at autotrader after a bit with a car, I think Ill hold on to this one :)

I think it was last week I saw it, I may have got the colour wrong though.

AIB Insurance advert