So to those who have your cars, what annoys or irks you about the car so far? 👎

jolley

Jun 14, 2021
Driven mine only about 400 miles, it is such a great car! .... but that is not the point of this thread is it. None of these are actually very 'important' to me but;
  • I haven't found a way to switch of the infotainment display completely at night, my last two cars had a button for this.
  • Cubby holes & storage - the lack of. No pockets on rear of front seats, no enclosed cubby holes in centre console or in the dash area. No storage for sunglasses. I like to put things a away to keep the car tidy. The glovebox is small & not fully enclosed, lost fuel receipts had found their way into the space behind the dash

I couldn't work out how to switch the display off either, but if you look hard enough when you press MENU there's a smaller Display button at the bottom where you can switch it off (and it stays off until you turn it back on again, which is nice compared to all the driving aids which come back on every start).

What annoys me more with the glovebox is how vertical it finishes up when closed, my stuff keeps tipping forward and back when speeding up and slowing down - first world problems!

Kaxe

Jan 22, 2021
The thing that has annoyed me lately (because I have only just experienced it) is that they wasted time putting fake engine noise into the car but couldn't find a spare hour to programme AN EMPTY WASHER FLUID RESERVOIR SENSOR!!! OH MY GAWD!! :mad: ...you'll forever find out the hard way in this car unless you regularly top it up! o_O :cautious: ...lol 😅

Greenthumb

Jan 19, 2021
Germany Bavaria
The thing that has annoyed me lately (because I have only just experienced it) is that they wasted time putting fake engine noise into the car but couldn't find a spare hour to programme AN EMPTY WASHER FLUID RESERVOIR SENSOR!!! OH MY GAWD!! :mad: ...you'll forever find out the hard way in this car unless you regularly top it up! o_O :cautious: ...lol 😅
No Sensor? Perfect. :love:
So i can empty the container and leave it empty, great.

• Haha
Reactions: Kaxe and Paolo

kinboshi

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 21, 2020
Rutland
That reminds me, put a small bottle of pre-mixed screenwash in the boot for when it runs out! Had to do the same in my Civic.

Reactions: Kaxe

Mintmansam

Nov 22, 2020
How much lubrication does your windscreen need!? 😂🤣 I’ve not topped up yet and done 6,000 miles.

I bet however I go out on my next journey and I’ll run out, I’ll grab Issho and shout at him “why! why! God damn it”

I can not now remember is there a rear wash? I know no wiper but is there a spray ?

kinboshi

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 21, 2020
Rutland
How much lubrication does your windscreen need!? 😂🤣 I’ve not topped up yet and done 6,000 miles.

I bet however I go out on my next journey and I’ll run out, I’ll grab Issho and shout at him “why! why! God damn it”

I can not now remember is there a rear wash? I know no wiper but is there a spray ?
No spray, other than that the car kicks up and deposits on the rear window!

I guess you'll use more screenwash during the winter months when there's all sorts of crap being thrown at it.

As an aside, I checked my rear spoiler, and it doesn't vibrate, but there's definitely some play there. It might be something ask the cars have, but could also work its way loose over time. Will see if it's simple to secure, or something I am them to do at the first service at 6k miles.

Kaxe

Jan 22, 2021

Filthy/dusty roads 'round here! :sick:
No rear wash, no. Or I would go through it quicker as the back needs a wipe now and again!! :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: Mintmansam

riversmill69

Aug 1, 2021
So this is really for those of you that have the cars already and are using them a bit ...

what have you found slightly annoying , or tiring about the yaris, or you though needs to be improved ? anything that irks you ?

im not on about lowering of the seats, or the mirror or heated seats ....
Anyone figured out how to stop the infotainment switching automatically from day to night mode when the auto headlights turn on and off? this happens when I have Google Maps via CarPlay running - maybe an app setting, will keep looking - but someone out there probably knows the answer :)

Sparkie

Aug 17, 2021
Anyone figured out how to stop the infotainment switching automatically from day to night mode when the auto headlights turn on and off? this happens when I have Google Maps via CarPlay running - maybe an app setting, will keep looking - but someone out there probably knows the answer :)
Iv found best to turn off the screen once listening to music etc definitely nicer then having the bright screen going day night crazy, & still being bright at night..

Reactions: mattipuh

axolotl

Jul 10, 2021
My old 1986 BMW 735i had a screenwash empty sensor and that was built 35 years ago. The sensor was still working even after the car had done 320,000 miles. Still it wasn't as much fun in the twisties as a GR

mattipuh

Feb 17, 2021
🇫🇮
Filthy/dusty roads 'round here! :sick:
No rear wash, no. Or I would go through it quicker as the back needs a wipe now and again!! :ROFLMAO:
I haven't needed the rear view visibility any time when driving.
Side mirrors work well so I use them most when checking if anyone's behind. Actually the rear view mirror is kind of useless.

Reactions: Kaxe

Chrisnufc

Dec 23, 2020
Newcastle
I haven't needed the rear view visibility any time when driving.
Side mirrors work well so I use them most when checking if anyone's behind. Actually the rear view mirror is kind of useless.
Never need to look to make sure the police aren’t behind you before you open the taps?

Steve

Nov 22, 2020
Brighton & Hove
Iv found best to turn off the screen once listening to music etc definitely nicer then having the bright screen going day night crazy, & still being bright at night..
I would love to do that but my screen turns itself back on straight away. Do you have to have your phone disconnected to allow the screen to turn off?

axolotl

Jul 10, 2021
Rear-view mirrors aren't essential. Every new driver should be forced to spend a week driving a van*, would make most better drivers.

*and riding a bike for that matter
True. I read about a motoring journalist who had to retake his driving test and chose to do so in a V12 lamborghini with scissor doors (other supercars are available) . He opened the door and leaned out the door to look behind him as one does (apparently) during the reversing manoeuvre so they failed him. I saw on youtube one rich kid took his driving test in the U.S. in his dad's W16 bugatti but he passed.

Sparkie

Aug 17, 2021
I would love to do that but my screen turns itself back on straight away. Do you have to have your phone disconnected to allow the screen to turn off?
I found it in the settings on the media screen … I had my phone connected at the time for music, I’m yet to try with phone Waze or Google maps on to see if can still get voice directions with music at the same time.

AIB Insurance advert